Monday, October 8, 2007

Rilo Kiley & Grand Ole Party @ Stubbs, October 7, 2007

RiloKiley live @ Stubbs 10-07-07.

Last night was the best Rilo Kiley Concert I have ever seen live. First of all me and my lady were in the very front...thats a first, since we are usually on the side by the speakers. Well there is nothing better than being in the front.
Well first up was Grand Ole Party. I was shocked to see the singer,Kristin Gundred was the drummer. That has to take a lot of coordination. They were awesome. Their show was about only 20 or 30 minutes long but good. They are worth checking out. I thought it was awesome that Kristin also helped play certain parts on Rilo Kileys show as well. I dont know about the rest of everyone else but I think my favorite songs were, well Give a little Love, I love the live version. Actually I loved ALL the songs!

Here are some pictures from the show: Let me warn you, these were taken with my camera phone, one day I will invest in a real camera, still gotta pay other bills first.

The Stubbs Stage before the show began!



Grand Ole Party







Rilo Kiley


































A little more on Grand Ole Party

This trio is from San Deigo California:
KRISTIN on mic & drums, John Paulon guitar, and Mike on bass. You have to listen to them to understand how awesome they are. Seeing them live is even ten thousands times better!

Taken from Music Download.com-Grand Ole Party

"They recorded their debut album, Humanimals, in March 2007 with Blake Sennet (Rilo Kiley, The Elected) over a five-day stretch of live recording, which perfectly captured the stripped-down power that embodies the Grand Ole Party sound. Humanimals will be released September 4 exclusively on iTunes with bonus track "Shot In The Alley," but the band will also be selling CDs at their upcoming shows opening for Rilo Kiley. Take a listen to the album's lead track, "Look Out Young Son," below and consider this your official invitation to the Grand Ole Party."




Grand Ole Party-Belle Isle (mp3)

Grand Ole Party-Insane (mp3)

Grand Ole Party-Bad Bad Man (mp3)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!
It's the little changes which will make the most significant changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

My web-site - sky channels list

Anonymous said...

each time i used to read smaller articles or reviews which also clear
their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading here.


My web page :: ubuntu cccam Server